[sword-devel] EVS3 or EVC4 SwordReader

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:52:39 MST 2008

Well, I have EVC4 up and running.  Also have svn running.  I tried to
compile and got many errors as expected with EVC4.  One error was
missing mem.h.  I searched the whole tree and did not find a mem.h so I
have something misconfigured somewhere.  I think it should be part of
EVC4 if I remember correctly.

I am going to dig out my EVC3 CDROM and load that up just to see that I
can actually compile.  Then I'll see if I can transition to EVC4 unless
you advise that I stay on EVC3?  Is everyone else using EVC3, should we
move the code to EVC4.  I think EVC4 is needed for VGA screen support
but not sure?  It has been a long time (1.5 years) since I worked with
EVC3 or 4.

Actually I am surprised you were able to compile a Mobile 5/6 compatible
version with EVC3.  You will have to tell me how you did that.  Or
perhaps I am confused and you are compiling with EVC4, although I
thought for sure someone said EVC3 was being used.

--
SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.