[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 10 01:45:01 MST 2008

Hi David .........

David Trotz wrote:
> Certainly lets discuss this further. I would like to hear others opinions as well; including Albert Sites and Barry Drake.
> If we diverge to two separate menus we need to implement some way to keep them in sync, so that when a smartphone developer adds a menu item reflecting some new feature the windows mobile devs get the menu automatically as well, and visa versa.

I think it's just fine.  It's exactly what I would have done, and I
don't think we ought to go for two different interfaces.  This keeps the
whole thing simple - and it is intuitive and works well.  It also gives
a nice uncluttered text screen!

Big big wish ....  we must implement a dual parallel text screen so two
versions or a version and a commentary can be viewed at one time.  That
was the original intention (using the extra menuitem that was present in
the old 'gui' as distinct from 'simplegui').  Can we keep that concept
on the wish list please?

With regard to the footnotes etc.  A tap on the link used to call
SimpleNavigator::urlClicked in simplenavigator.cpp
but this no longer seems to happen.  I haven't taken the latest svn and
checked it out.  If you want me to I can.

By the way, thanks for the recent accolade about resurrecting the old
SwordReader project.  I had a lot of fun doing it, but was overjoyed
when you came on board and took the weight of this project off me.  So
thank you for taking it to even greater heights.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com