[sword-devel] sword-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 11

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Wed Jul 9 21:36:27 MST 2008

SonWon ,
> greg.hellings at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> You have the correct files.  That last occurrance of "swordreader"
>> simply tells the command-line svn client to put the files into a
>> directory called "swordreader."  Otherwise, it checks them out, by
>> default, into a directory called "trunk."  If you're like me and do
>> several source builds from one development directory, you don't want
>> to see trunk, trunk (1), trunk (2), etc.  The url is the one you
>> specified, which worked.  You are probably using a Windows client and
>> entered both the URL and the alias/rename for the directory into the
>> URL window.
>>
>> You should be fine. :)
>>

> Ok, the files just seem awfully small and I didn't see any sources
> files.  I'll look harder, likely just tired.  I think I should be
> sleeping.  :)  So how do I break the checkout so I can redo the
> directory structure?  My son said to just delete the folder; I think
> there is a better way.

Yes just delete the files. :-) Are you using tortoise svn? Its really
quite nice.

You have many questions about subversion, I understand, and while
subversion is really pretty simple once you understand a few of the
basics, its not really simple when you have never used it. I strongly
suggest that you spend an afternoon reading Chapters 1 & 2 from here
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ and while you are at it check out the
section in the preface labeled "What is subversion". Once the
fundamentals are clarified you will feel a lot more confident in using it.

In Christ,
David Trotz