[sword-devel] BSPNG Permissions Update

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Wed Jul 9 20:21:08 MST 2008

I contacted the Bible Society of Papua New Guinea some time ago, asking
permission to post the many Bible translations in many languages that
they hold the copyright to online in various formats (including Sword).
I got a nice letter back saying that they needed to consider the
ramifications and discuss it with the United Bible Societies. In the
mean time, there are some other negotiations going on that could impact
their decision, so I'm just quietly waiting. Although some of the
language groups have few, if any, people with Internet access, some do.
For example, on the 27th of June, the Kuman New Testament was dedicated.
That language group is large enough, and has enough city-dwellers, that
some do have Internet access. So... I have no permission for posting,
yet, but haven't given up. In the mean time, please pray for favor with
the Bible Society of Papua New Guinea. And, for some neat pictures of
the Kuman New Testament dedication, see http://eBible.org/Pfantz/.

Shalom,
Michael