[sword-devel] OSIS_files usable for everyone?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 04:26:19 MST 2008

The KJV is free for your use. Every now and then we get questions
about the origin of the Strong's numbers, so it is a good idea to let
people know this. The terms and conditions are as follows:

King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology

This is the King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the
Authorized Version) with embedded Strong's Numbers.

The rights to the base text are held by the Crown of England. The
Strong's numbers in the OT were obtained from The Bible Foundation: http://www.bf.org
.. The NT Strong's data was obtained from The KJV2003 Project at
CrossWire: http://www.crosswire.org. These mechanisms provide a useful
means for looking up the exact original language word in a lexicon
that is keyed to Strong's numbers.

Special thanks to the volunteers at Bible Foundation for keying the
Hebrew/English data and of Project KJV2003 for working toward the
completion of synchronizing the English phrases to the Stephanas
Textus Receptus, and to Dr. Maurice Robinson for providing the base
Greek text with Strong's and Morphology. We are also appreciative of
formatting markup that was provided by Michael Paul Johnson at http://www.ebible.org
.. Their time and generosity to contribute such for the free use of the
Body of Christ is a great blessing and this derivitive work could not
have been possible without these efforts of so many individuals. It is
in this spirit that we in turn offer the KJV2003 Project text freely
for any purpose. Any copyright that might be obtained for this effort
is held by CrossWire Bible Society (c) 2003 and CrossWire Bible
Society hereby grants a general public license to use this text for
any purpose.

Inquiries and comments may be directed to:
CrossWire Bible Society
kjv2003 at crosswire.org
http://www.crosswire.org