[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 7 20:32:12 MST 2008

Daniel Owens wrote:
> David,
>
> I tested the cab file on my HP iPAQ hx2410, and it integrates nicely
> with WM5. I particularly like the flick and spin (not sure what to
> call it) navigation of the page. My friend with his smartphone skinned
> as an iPhone will be excited to see that. I didn't notice any problems
> that Barry hasn't already pointed out.
I like the flick and spin feature as well, but smartphones lack a
touchscreen so they don't get the feature. :(

> I just wanted to be a squeaky wheel about a couple of wish-list items
> (Does anyone mind if I add these things to the wiki page?)
>
>     * font options (font and font size)

Yes, definately, but probably after 1.0 release.

>     * the ability to set defaults (like default translation and
>       default display options--I hate having to disable
>       cross-references each time I open the ESV).

I was thinking of saving the previous module options so that whatever
options were on when you last used the module would be remembered.

>     * headings appearing before the first verse of the section rather
>       than after--it's a bit confusing to have the heading follow the
>       first verse

Yes, this is a bug. I noticed this too.

In Christ,
David Trotz