[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 7 11:04:07 MST 2008

Hi David .......

David Trotz wrote:
> I have assembled a couple of CAB files for the Windows Mobile platform

More testing: The links to footnotes, strongs refs. etc. no longer
produce popups.  They did in the last version I built.  I haven't looked
at the code yet; I assume this is work in progress?  if you need me to
look, I will do so.  Also, words of Christ in red seems permanently
switched on.

With regard to search speed and the significant improvement in speed
that soText tagging might offer - one of the reasons I suggested that we
wait for versetreekey is that this will enable everything to operate at
chapter rather than verse level if we so choose (making soText modules
indexed at chapter level - the filter will take care of returning
verses, but the search will be on the entire buffer).  I think that
would offer portable versions an additional big advantage as well as the
obvious one to be gained from non-embedded tags unless I'm missing
something.  Tests  did on a commandline build suggest that there is a
significant difference.  I did my tests using two KJV gbs modules; one I
built was indexed at verse level, and the other at chapter level.

Obviously, I didn't use cLucene for these tests!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com