[sword-devel] Why is OSIS preferred? Was Re: usfm2osis.pl

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 04:50:08 MST 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 7:13 AM, Jonathan Morgan wrote:

> Will GBF continue to be supported?  I seem to remember that Chris
> reported lack of GBF support as a missing feature in BPBible, despite
> the fact that I'm sure that I have heard statements suggesting GBF is
> very strongly deprecated.  How many modules are still GBF?

The GBF handling code in the SWORD engine will remain. At least for a
long time. If a bug is found for the GBF handling of a GBF module, it
probably would be fixed.

If a GBF module has a bug that needs to be fixed, it'd likely result
in an OSIS module.

It has been years since a GBF module has been added to the repository.
It is in that fashion that it is being deprecated.

We have 48 GBF modules. But a few of these are being converted to OSIS
and are in beta.

-- DM