[sword-devel] Fwd: New French Bibles

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Jan 30 09:16:13 MST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
> The unbound bible project carries the "La Bible de Jérusalem", and they seem to
> be very careful about copyrights.

I had some email correspondence with them and got to know that they are
not careful at all about copyrights. Here is a direct quotation:

"The status of some Bibles in Unbound Bible may be unclear, and you
should use your own research and judgment in deciding what you want to
do with different Bibles on a case by case basis. Some are public
domain, some of them were approved by signed contracts, some by email
approvals, and some have unknown status or unclear status."

They have for example the Finnish translation which we have as "FinPR92"
and they have copied it from Crosswire - you can see it by reading the
copyright info which says "Permission to distribute granted to
CrossWire".

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland