[sword-devel] need help on a project

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Jan 27 19:57:10 MST 2008

"Wade Maxfield" <wmaxfield at gmail.com> writes:
> How can this move forward?

It already did, but it seems you didn't notice.

Based on the bit of (weak) specification given when you first asked
about this a month ago, the next morning I posted a script here which
does what you asked.  Your question was answered in 80 lines (less than
2Kbytes) of bash.  Run it from the command line to try it out.  Set it
up through xinetd and experiment there as well, but figure out why
diatheke doesn't like stdout in that case -- it wasn't worth my time to
finish that.

I'm still not sure I *like* what you're doing, but as a proof of concept
no-brainer to implement, requiring neither deep thinking nor a long
period of design.

On one very serious note...  Do not presume to lecture people working
with this organization on "the ramifications of the GPL."  Some of us
having been producing free software since before the concept gained
trendy names, much less well-advertised licensing schemes.