[sword-devel] need help on a project

Jason Galyon jtgalyon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:02:54 MST 2008

I appreciate you helping me clue in on this.  Even better, I appreciate
you helping me understand the concerns, something a license by its
nature just can't really convey.

I think it is very important to honor your requests (the spirit) and not
just get by on technical loopholes (the letter).

For sheer technical reasons I try to abstract away from depending on one
particular data provider and provide mechanisms for (easily) working
with other data providers.  But I know licensure is very important to
many people so do not want to step on toes.

Its kind of hard to sell the idea of Christian ethics when you are side
stepping the spirit or desire of particular licensing schemes.

I am not personally concerned about others profiting off of my work but
I would be concerned about someone doing so in the name of Christ.

Again, I appreciate you taking your time to address the issues I put
forward and not reading between the lines and working off of
assumptions.  I do not even know enough about the licensing to suggest a
change in license for sword, and had a few questions.

I feel very informed now.

Jason