[sword-devel] How to get vowels in the Arabic bible module?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 05:47:45 MST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:33 PM, Chris Little wrote:

> I always use Perl because it's simple and has the best regex
> implementation I know of.

While I am a Java programmer, I have actually used Perl more and
learned it before Java. Most people use Perl merely as a scripting
language, but it is so much more than that.

IMHO, Java has a better implementation of regex. It was based upon
Perl. And it adds to it. But while better, Java is clearly not simpler
or more straight forward.

Java is a bit better suited to unicode than Perl. In this case Perl is
clearly not simpler and is a lot less straight forward.