[sword-devel] How to get vowels in the Arabic bible module?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 24 02:35:35 MST 2008

peter wrote:
> Chris Little wrote:
>> peter wrote:
>>> or another point, would a export filter directly for OSIS or THML be a
>>> possibility?
>> No, not even remotely possible.
>
> technically impossible or no one there to write it?

If you're talking about a facility to take any random text file, such as
the Arabic Bible, load it in OpenOffice and use an export filter to
generate OSIS, then that's an intractably complex problem that is
virtually impossible to solve.

If you're talking about an OSIS export facility in OpenOffice that uses
  specialized styles, requiring that any document that would be exported
as OSIS have been written with those styles, then that's quite possible.
There's been plenty of talk of it at various times, but no one has
written anything to my knowledge. CCEL did an OSIS exporter for Word
2003, though.

--Chris