[sword-devel] Using SWORD modules in web app

peter refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jan 21 15:42:44 MST 2008

Each module will have its own copyright status.

Some (many) are public domain and you can do as you like.

Some are donated specifically to Crosswire and you can not redistribute
them or use them to power a website

And some are re-distributable in original format

You need to read the conf file of each module you want to distribute in
this way and figure things out from there. They will be very different
for each module. Of the four I put into Crosswire only one would be
suitable for your purpose, while all would be distributable or even
redistributable as unchanged sword modules.

Do you have any specific modules in mind?

And why do you think this would be a good thing anyway considering the
small size of modules and the still considerable difficulties in many
parts of the world to have a good going internet connection? Quite apart
from the distribution license problems mentioned above. Curiosity makes
me ask this, not criticism.

Peter