[sword-devel] Cannot build sword or biblecs with Borland

Keith Watson keith_watson at bigfoot.com
Sat Jan 19 22:21:24 MST 2008

I have been trying to build the sword library (trunk version) on Windows.

When I used VC7.1 there were several compiler warnings and compiler errors
which I fixed (but did not check in).  The main problem however is
src/utilfuns/Greek2Greek.cpp is missing, just like DM Smith posted today.

When I build it with the latest Borland Turbo C++ there are a lot more
warnings but the only error, again, is src/utilfuns/Greek2Greek.cpp is
missing.

When I try to build biblecs with Borland there are even more errors.

Both the biblcs/svn page and the biblcs/Readme.txt file say the Borland
build should work.  Is this no longer true?

Thanks,
Keith Watson
Wilsonville, OR USA

PS: I have twice completely removed the folders and checked out clean copies
from the trunk.