[sword-devel] question on possible update to ChiUns

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 14 23:36:41 MST 2008

I suspect we could come up with a way to merge the existing featureful
ChiUns with a corrected underlying text, but some of the issues raised
here could be solved by simply going back to the original source. It has
correctly divided words.

I don't know how to judge any other corrections since no others are
mentioned, but I have a suspicion that WordProject isn't the primary
source of their Chinese Bibles. I suspect theirs ultimately go back to
fhl.net, like ours do.

Redoing the module leads to traditional vs. simplified issues. Not being
a Chinese reader, I don't know the full set of difficulties, but it is
my understanding that mapping between the two is non-trivial (it is
definitely not one-to-one). I only find traditional fhl.net (but not
knowing Chinese makes it difficult to navigate). I definitely don't want
to disunify the two modules.

I'll get to work converting from the source so this user can check the
updated text, but I'd like to finish putting together a new morphology
module first. fhl.net uses OLB-style TVM codes, which I would like to
convert over to our new Robinson-style codes.

--Chris