[sword-devel] Calvin's Commentaries and empty footnotes

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Fri Jan 11 09:44:17 MST 2008

On Friday 11 January 2008 10:23:10 Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Luke Plant wrote:
> > I'm sorry, I actually thought of this and put that line in my
> > .conf, but forgot to tell anyone.  The reason I forgot to mention
> > this is that it still doesn't work for me.  In fact, the module
> > does not show that it has any options available in BibleTime (as if
> > it simply did not recognise GlobalOptionFilter=OSISFootnotes).  I'm
> > using latest BibleTime (1.6.5, from CVS).  How do you get the
> > footnotes to show? I see (1) in superscript, but only in KJV can I
> > succeed in actually seeing the note (I have to select the small bit
> > of text that contains the (1)).  I have the same problem with ESV
> > -- I see the (1), but can't get the note to show.
>

> Strange, I've got it here on top of Kubuntu Linux, KDE 3.5.8 and it
> works fine, both 1.6.4(orig. Kubuntu), 1.6.5 and 1.7svn/KDE4. What's
> your platform?

The same - KDE 3.5.8, Kubuntu (Gutsy, which I presume you must be
using), with most BibleTime 1.6.5, updated to CVS HEAD.  I had problems
with 1.6.4, as at least one other person had, e.g.:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1778330&group_id=954&atid=100954

What do you actually do to see the note - select text, just hover?

Thanks,

Luke

--
"The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten
million, they were the worst too. The third ten million, I didn't enjoy

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/