[sword-devel] Problems with imp2ld not responding

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 7 22:05:57 MST 2008

Alonso,

I would suggest searching your system for all installed files for sword.
  For example:

/usr/local/include/sword
/usr/include/sword
/usr/lib/libsword*
/usr/lib64/libsword*
/usr/local/lib/libsword*
etc...

Removing EVERYTHING.

Then compiling again from scratch with:

make distclean
./autogen.sh
./usrinst.sh
make
cd utilities
make
./imp2ld ....

It sounds like you might have conflicting libraries or include files or
something.

if things still fail, it would be useful to get the smallest segment of
your imp data file that still breaks the app.

It would also be useful to see a backtrace from gdb.  For example:

gdb ./imp2ld
r <arguments here>
[after crashes]
bt

Thank you for taking the time to report this.

	-Troy.