[sword-devel] search indexing

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 19 18:04:15 MST 2008

Dean,

You need to be sure you've built the source with lucene support.  Have a
look in usrinst.sh and be sure the option is set correctly.

Then you should be able to run a utility called mkfastmod under the
source code utilities directory.  This will build the index.

Some SWORD frontends use the index if it exists, but the API wants a
search type of -4 to use the lucene search syntax and index.

Have a look in the source at:

examples/cmdline/search.cpp

Hope this helps.

	-Troy.