[sword-devel] search indexing

Dean Montgomery dmonty at sd73.bc.ca
Tue Feb 19 14:41:40 MST 2008

Why is the sword search engine so slow on the KJV?
I can run "grep" or "egrep" or "perl" on a plain-text KJV file and it returns
the results in under 1 second.

Another example is my linux desktop indexes all text files and pdf files
emails etc in my home folder with a beagle tool.  When it comes time to find a
email or a text file no sooner do I start typing the text, it already starts
showing me the results.  Another closed source example of fast searching is
google.

Does sword not create indexes for fast searching books?