[sword-devel] Free Bible texts from the Catholic Bible Society (was Other Bible Texts)

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 14:45:40 MST 2008

--- Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> ha scritto:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > The Catholic Bible Society Sword project is now dead.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that but what can we do, it's their choice. I don't
> understand what they can gain by not giving us the permissions. Or did I
> understood the situation correctly so that this was their reply?

They consider making their text available on a website is sufficient for the
purposes they want to achieve. I got the impression that they just don't want
to get into the trouble of checking with lawyers and assigning rights to anyone
else. (Yeah I know about Creative Commons)

I should mention that despite their name, I don't think they are directly
linked with the Vatican either; the Vatican and some Catholic websites removed
the Spanish translation of the Jerusalem bible from their websites due to
copyright issues!

Pedro

Pedro.