[sword-devel] Other Bible Texts

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro.gfc.dutra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:18:01 MST 2008

Em Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:18:42 +0100, André Isidio de Melo escreveu:

> I think also that it would be very good if we could distribute other
> more recent versions of the Bible in Portuguese. I think it's important
> because the Portuguese language changed a lot since 1911, mainly in Brazil.
> I was thinking about the version "A Bíblia Sagrada traduzida em
> português por João Ferreira de Almeida /revista e atualizada no
> Brasil/". It's one of the most used versions nowadays in Brazil.
> What about trying to get the permission to distribute this version also?

Sociedade Bíblica do Brasil won’t allow us to.

	It has been several months since I have been able to pay attention to
this, but I have a copy of Tradução Brazileira from 1917.  It may not seem
much more recent than the João Ferreira de Almeida Revista e Corrigida from
1911, but it is: while still in the old orthography, it was a new, Brazilian
translation, not a Portuguese one from the XVII century.

	I have a copy I have been wanting to digitise for ages now, but
non-destructively.  This next week I am planning to try again to obtain a book
digitiser, and then put it up at PGDP too.  When, at a further phase, we can
have its orthography updated, it should be on par with the best translations
available.

	There is another line which is the João Ferreira de Almeida Revisada,
which several people — including me! ;-) — consider the best Brazilian
Portuguese translation today.  Its publisher, JUERP, has been the only one not
to close the door on us, but I have been needing to follow up on them for
several months now.  Another task for the next few weeks.

--
+55 (11) 3040 7300       http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/
+55 (11) 5685 2219          gTalk: xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org
+55 (11) 9406 7191    ICQ/AIM: aim:GoIM?screenname=61287803
Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra       skype:leandro.gfc.dutra
          MSN: msnim:chat?contact=leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm