[sword-devel] module statistics

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:03:15 MST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Joachim Ansorg wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>> I did the first version of that script years ago. DM did some fixes not too
>> long ago, I think.
>>
>> The error message says that the perl module readbackwards is not yet
>> installed. I think that it should be available in Fedora. Troy has to install
>> the package.
>> The generated HTML can be easily replaced by a CSV output, I think. I could do
>> that as soon as the module is installed, I think.

There is already a switch you pass to makeDownloadsStats.pl to
indicate the output format you would like - it takes the arguments
"-plain" and "-html" and outputs them accordingly.  IIRC the "-plain"
option outputs the stats into a tab-separated "table" just like the
current HTML table, with one module per line.  I could be mistaken in
that, and editing the function that outputs the plain text formatted
stats would be easy to put into any format you would like.  Anyone
even remotely familiar with Perl or other scripting languages should
be able to figure it out for you.

--Greg