[sword-devel] OSIS Bible Name guidelines ?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 23 13:43:18 MST 2008

Dear Eeli and Chris,

I believe you are both talking about different things.

*** Multiple Remote Installation Repositories (class InstallMgr)
If a module is installed from one Remote Repository with a name KJV, and
from another repository a module named KJV is installed, on this second
install InstallMgr will remove the previous version and install this
second one.

*** Multiple Local Repositories (class SWMgr)
If SWMgr find a module with the same name at different install locations
on the local machine (specified with AugementPath, or automatically
augmented to the global install from $HOME/.sword) then the frontend
developer has 2 option.  Here is the comment from the code on SWMgr:

/**
  * Adds books from a new path to the library
  * @param path the path in which to search for books
  * @param multiMod whether or not to keep multiple copies of the same
  *        book if found in different paths
  *        default - false, uses last found version of the book
  */
virtual void augmentModules(const char *path, bool multiMod = false);

Does this clear things up?

	-Troy.