[sword-devel] OSIS Bible Name guidelines ?

Mike Hart just_mike_y at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 22:59:13 MST 2008

Tony,

(Someone correct me if  I'm wrong)

To tell if a module identifier is "free": You can browse the repositories and look at the config file names.  Any ID for any module (dictionary, commentary, etc..) that has a similar ID will conflict in the mods.d directory whether its in OSIS or ThML or GBF, and whether it is a bible, a commentary, lexicon, etc.  It will likely conflict other places within the program, depending on which GUI you are using.

The four non-overlapping sword repositories are:
ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/raw/mods.d/
ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/betaraw/mods.d
ftp://ftp.kleinpaste.org/pub/sword/mods.d
ftp://ftp.bible.org/sword/mods.d
you'll have to check all four.

None of them have an config file for IPD, so it looks like that will work. I would suggest prepending  the ISO-639-1 code to the beginning of your module's OSIS ID, so that it will be listed in the directory and in some program listings that don't group by language. (id_IPD).

Hope this helps you.