[sword-devel] NET bible installation instructions

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 19 03:54:25 MST 2008

Hi there ......

I've noticed that some users - especially Mac - have had difficulty with
the NET bible modules. The NET for Sword instructions are found at:
http://www.bible.org/assets/sword/ with a link to a page for each
flavour of Sword.  None of them have changed since I put them up when I
was helping the NET folk with their project.  I no longer have any
involvement with NET, so please can you all check your relevant install
page and suggest a new wording to bible.org.  Back when I was involved,
David Austin was the guy.

Currently, the MacSword page shows as having no modules installer.  the
BibleCS page is still current, but I'm no longer sure about the others.
  I suggest that someone check out the download for BibleDesktop as well
- I think that there was a problem a while back.  Has this been resolved?

Also, if anyone has taken on the task of advising NET about Sword module
snags, I do have bible.org's perl scripts.  Note that these need access
to bible.org's MySql databases, and I no longer have this access.

Sorry I haven't had time to stay involved with Sword in the last few
months.  Happy Christmas to all of you.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com