[sword-devel] Website - module lists

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Dec 16 16:28:50 MST 2008

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Well, I am arguing against that bad habit where ever I encounter it.
>
> It really should not be a visible name - anywhere.
>
> Peter

Maybe this was too short - explanation as follows:

We are working hard at all levels to make this software as widely useful
as possible. We translate, make it RtoL capable, eliminate unicode
search bugs etc. But this is one area which remains statically
Anglocentric - all non English modules start with something like Far,
Ger, whatever It is silly, a bit patronising, difficult to understand
etc. FarFLB means nothing Tarjumeh Tafsiri a lot more, but ترجمه تفسیری
would be ideal.

A module should have a display name (preferentially localised) and a
internal identifier which will do its job, but will not be visible.

Peter