[sword-devel] [New Website] application page, OS icon bar, news

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Dec 13 02:18:08 MST 2008

Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> Ok, I would put this in, but I really would prefer about stuff being
> there rather than stuff in future coming. One of my fav bug bears with
> the site as it was were the multitude of aspirational statements "soon"
> - all of it a few years ago and unfortunately sometimes actually not
> there and done.

I understand this very well, but I think we have to live with this
situation for a while, and not only with BT. The GnomeSword section says
"soon also on Windows", too. I guess things will stabilize within half a
year. Both BT and GS have made a real commitment to Windows port. I
agree that the static web pages should be as static as possible, but we
shouldn't compromise the quality of the information which we give to the
users. Unredeemed promises are very bad, but sticking to one year old
situation just because people don't want to edit web pages is not good
either.

Anyways, I can live with the current one. Maybe it just gives a new
motivation to put BT forwards :)

>>  and has been translated to several languages.
>>

> Which ones?

Is it important? BT1.6 has about 20 UI translations. I don't like
mentioning any specific language because the supported languages may and
will change. As you know, the translations are made by volunteers :) For
1.7 even the Finnish translation is out of date, and it was me (native
speaker) who edited most of the English UI strings!

> One of you, whoever runs under the name of project lead has acces to the
>  news admin page.

Who might that be, I don't know. Joachim or Martin. They both are busy.
We should do better here, of course.

--Eeli Kaikkonen