[sword-devel] Icon bar and redirects. (new website)

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 06:01:11 MST 2008

On Dec 12, 2008, at 2:47 AM, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> BTW, I don't like the Java section - it's needed only if the Java apps
> run somewhere which is not already covered by other platforms. Are
> there any examples for that?

A long time ago, I ran JSword on an IBM Mainframe.

It has been working for ages on BSD and Solaris. Both of which are not
Linux.

For over 10 years I had a Sun workstation (at work) that ran neither
Gnome or KDE. I don't know what the story is today. So I would have
welcomed knowing that I had an option.

My guess is that nearly no one (on a percentage basis) runs on
something other than Windows, Mac or Linux. And those that do, are
fairly computer savvy and can find a solution. A little help is good,
though.

So, I don't think that a top level Java icon is necessary. Maybe a
blurb  or link link to a page on the main software page would suffice,
but even that might not be necessary.

In Him,
	DM