[sword-devel] Icon bar and redirects. (new website)

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 14:28:13 MST 2008

Peter,
Keeps looking better!
Just a small comment regarding how I work and given that, how the
website looks. I have a 17" wide screen laptop (1440x900) and typically,
I'll make the browser about 1/2 the width of the screen. This has some
adverse impacts:
1) The banner links wrap to several lines. After a point, the banner is
truncated. In going to www.crosswire.org/flashcards with the old banner
having 2 lines of links, it doesn't wrap or get truncated, taking up
less vertical space when set to about 600-700 pixels wide.
2) The application icons wrap and float over what follows. If the
instruction blurb were placed either before or after, then this would
not happen.

Other than that the changes look good in a narrow window.

Related to this. I know two people who, having vision problems,
regularly set their monitor to 640x480 or 800x600. This would happen for
them, too.

Someone had mentioned the amount of white space in the banner being
large and suggested minimizing it. I agree. The logo is cool, but
perhaps it could be a little bit smaller? The other sub-sites currently
make use of the bar at the top of the page, but here it is just solid
red. Not sure if it is necessary.

God Bless You!

DM