[sword-devel] CrossWire frontpage

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Dec 5 02:51:43 MST 2008

Dear all,

Last night I ripped a copy of the front page apart and put it back
together again, but now with a largely CSS based design instead of a
table based one (tables are still used, but are not providing anymore
the skeleton.

It looks pretty much the same (took a while), but is now I think more
open to clever people doing things with CSS which I can not do. Also, I
think the reduced weight and complexity of the jsp code might open up
the door to a more dynamic design similar to the SwordWeb index.jsp

Could you have a look at it? It is not committed and is currently at a
temporary location:

www.crosswire.org/newindex.jsp

compare it (both final aspect and jsp source) with

www.crosswire.org/index.jsp

Peter