[sword-devel] osis2mod warnings

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 06:30:17 MST 2008

Since we are top posting....

Let me add that BCV input will always work with osis2mod. The SWORD
engine expects BCV and osis2mod has little to do with a BCV input.
But, it has lots to do to convert BCV into BSP.

Our goal for osis2mod is that an OSIS module writer will not have to
adjust their input document. We are not quite there yet. There are a
couple of changes that still need to happen, the biggest is the
removal of the pre-verse hack and the retention of all markup
(possibly losslessly transformed) without re-arranging the tags.

That said, nearly every programmatic generation of an OSIS document
from another input will produce bad OSIS, though it may be well-formed
and valid.

In Him,
	DM