[sword-devel] BibleTime 1.7.beta1 is released - please create binary packages

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:39:24 MST 2008

Martin,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> you cannot run build/bibletime because BT expects to start from its final installation directory, so that it can find its data files by relative path lookups.
> If you used build_debug.sh, run build/install/bin/bibletime instead after "make install", in case of build_release.sh this would be /usr/local/bin/bibletime.

I see.  Is there a reason you use custom shell scripts instead of the
normal cmake/make series?  For cmake packages I usually build them in
a separate directory from the source, seeing as that's what the cmake
documents recommend when possible.  Why not just include the creation
of the necessary file structure and so on within the cmake?

--Greg