[sword-devel] isalnum(3) for i18n

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 04:57:47 MST 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 10:21 PM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> GnomeSword can create user-editable modules from scratch, and can
> rename
> personal commentary modules.  It needs to guarantee that names offered
> are acceptable, and as a fairly bland verification policy, the code
> ensures that these name strings conform to isalnum(3).
>
> Now we've got a bug report that such a policy doesn't provide for i18n
> names (the bug reporter is Swedish).
>
> Can anybody offer some sample code by which to take a string as pulled
> out of a generic GTK dialog result and convert it to a suitable
> i18n-compatible format so I can do the similar process using something
> like iswalnum(3)?  I don't find much in the way of samples from
> which to
> work with wint_t (or whatever else I would need to use).

Peter and I had an e-mail conversation with Troy regarding [name]
being restrictive and not appropriate for some language scripts, e.g.
Farsi. He suggested that we have another entry that can be
internationalized. I couldn't find the email giving the key for the
new conf entry.

In Christ's Service,
	DM