[sword-devel] Bibletime or Gnomesword packages for EEEPC ?

Dominique Corbex dominique.corbex at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 04:04:18 MST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 12:18 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> Perhaps I should have sent this to sword-users... if so, my apologies up-front,
> but I never see any trafic there so I figured I'd try here.
>
> I'm on the waiting list at Amazon for an EEEPC 901, white, Linux. Wondering
> if there are any Sword packages already made for that flavor of LInux or
> if I'll need to create my own?

I suggest you to add my additional package repository to the Eeepc's
existing list. Enter a terminal or press Ctrl-Alt-T if you are in Easy
mode.

Open your sources.list file in a text editor such as nano or vi:
$ sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Type or paste the following line at the end of the file:
deb http://dominique.corbex/net/eeepc ./

Save the file.

Then refresh the software list:
$ apt-get update

No enter the following commands and agree to all of its prompts in order
to install GnomeSword-2.3.6:
$ apt-get install gnomesword

or Bibletime-1.6.5:

$ apt-get install bibletime:

Please note I've only checked these packages by running the default
EeePC software under virtualization software (QEMU).

--domcox