[sword-devel] Withdrawn SWORD modules?

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 19:45:39 MST 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 8:54 PM, jhphx wrote:

> David Haslam wrote:
>> ...can still be downloaded by using the  http://web.archive.org/
>
> Did you actually download a module from the Wayback Machine?

Yes, I did. It is hit or miss as to whether a particular file is
present or not, or corrupt or not. The current www.crosswire.org/ftpmirror
  is not available. It was a prior path that was present. Also ftp://ftp.crosswire.org
  is not archived. So going forward, I don't think we have a current
problem of modules being archived.

In the past, I found that zips were often corrupt. Sometimes fixable,
but sometimes not.

I think our goal is to work with publishers to obtain their permission
to distribute their work. Doing what we can to protect their interests
is in everyone's best interest.

While poking around in the wayback machine, I found vines.README (from
'98, IIRC) that said that the current re-copyright expires in 2002. If
true, I'd like to see it made available.

In Him,
	DM