[sword-devel] On the topic of an iPhone front-end

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:12:23 MST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:02 AM, jonathon <jonathon.blake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Nathan Youngman wrote:
>  >  storing data in the client-side SQLite database that the next version  of Mobile Safari (also in desktop Safari 3.1). I expect that may cause  issues as far as module distribution/licensing.
>
>  SQLite is public domain, so what issues do you expect that to cause
>  for distribution?

I suspect that he is thinking of the license the modules are
distributed under (e.g. permission to distribute to CrossWire).

I don't think that this is likely to be a problem, since users are
allowed to use modules (even intended to).  There may be a suggestion
that it is format shifting, and I don't know what the CrossWire policy
on this is, but I wouldn't consider it any different from building an
index containing the content of the module for quick searching (which
CrossWire does).  There shouldn't be any distribution of the client
side data.

Jon