[sword-devel] Eloquent/InstallMgr Question

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 12:31:44 MST 2008

Greg Hellings wrote:
> I've been trying to install a module into my Mac - I have tried using
> the command-line installmgr as well as Eloquent.  Both of them claim
> that they have installed the module (installmgr tells me it put it
> into ~/.sword/InstallMgr/ftp.crosswire.org/... etc).  When I go to
> check both that location as well as the location pointed to by
> SWORD_PATH (which would be /sw/share/sword), I can find no indication
> of any file installation.  Am I missing something?
>
> --Greg

Try looking at ~/Library/Application Support/Sword. This is the proper
location for modules on a Mac. I'm not sure we've figured out the
sharing yet (i.e. where to put it for multiple users to share the same
repository).

If that directory does not exist, create it. Then run Eloquent.
(Hopefully, Eloquent will create the directory at some later release.)

installmgr has no understanding of this location.

In Him,
    DM