[sword-devel] The usefulness of gen book modules

Don A. Elbourne Jr. don2 at elbourne.org
Tue Sep 25 18:32:42 MST 2007

Does Sword index scripture references in gen books?

In other words, does the Sword engine provide the possibility of
creating some sort of "passage study" tool? For example a user could
submit a particular passage, like Eph 2:8-9. The query would return a
list of links to citations in gen books where the scripture reference
exists.

I am not necessarily making a feature request (although this feature
would be very cool - so please do not flame me) I'm just wondering if
the possibility exists. If so, I would be more willing to help convert
classic Systematic theologies, historic creeds, and puritan sermons into
Sword module format. then I could wait until someone wants to build it
into a front end. Without this feature, it doesn't seem that gen book
modules afford much usefulness.

Having something like this would serve me well in sermon preparation. If
I'm preaching a particular passage, I'd love to have the ability to
search my gen book collection for any citation of that passage.

--
by grace alone,

Pastor Don A. Elbourne Jr.
Lakeshore Baptist Church
http://lakeshorebaptist.net

Pastor's blog: Locusts & Wild Honey
http://elbourne.org

Rebuilding Lakeshore to the glory of God
http://rebuildlakeshore.com