[sword-devel] Beta Tisch and MorphGNT

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Sep 19 12:35:45 MST 2007

I added these bugs to the bugtracker.

DM Smith wrote:
> In BibleCS 1.5.9, I'm seeing some flaky behavior with these two modules:
> 1) The Greek Accents --> Off does not remove all the accents. I am
> using the default font on Win XP, which shows boxes for accented
> characters. After turning them off, most are removed, but some boxes
> remain. Comparing John 1.1 to my Greek text, nearly all the Greek
> unaccented letters are present. but now some with boxes adjacent.

Looks like superscripted tildes aren't removed.

> 2) I am playing with the settings for Strong's Numbers and Lemmas and
> the settings are not sticking. I had expected the settings to be
> grayed out or removed if they didn't pertain to the selected module.
> And I expected the settings to pertain to the module I selected and
> not be a global setting. I thought that's what I had seen before when
> I tested BibleCS before.

Nope. It's always been that way. If any module has an toggleable option,
the toggle appears.

> 3) When I change Strong's Numbers while viewing MorphGNT and KJV is
> shown (the module to the immediate left). For whatever reason, I
> can't get it to show Strong's Numbers now. I thought at one time I
> could.

I don't really know what's going on with the OSISStrongs/OSISLemma
classes. This probably fits under that umbrella. This particular
behavior, I can't recreate.

> 4) Opening Options->Preferences does not list MorphGNT as having
> Strongs. I'd have expected it to be listed along with KJV and Tisch.

It doesn't have Strong's. It has morphology and lemmata (full word, not
Strong's numbers).

> 5) MorphGNT has two different lemmas beyond Strong's. I'm only seeing
> one. Granted they are mostly the same, so perhaps they are de-
> duplicated.

MorphGNT has just one set of lemmas. Tisch has Strong's plus two sets
(full word) of lemmas.

> 6) Right clicking on a lemma (e.g. λογος) produces an error:
> "Access violation at address 0071EBB6 in modlue 'sword.exe'. Read of
> address 814295AB." My default dictionary is LewisShort. When it is
> all said and done ZYTHUM is shown. Then shutting down the program,
> having not searched for anything else, causes this message to pop up
> twice upon next startup. (BTW, LewisShort shows just fine in 1.5.9,
> but the InstallMgr won't let me install it because bibleCS is not
> 1.5.10)

It actually works fine for me. With a Greek dictionary, it even gets
close to the correct value, when using the lemmas for lookup.

The refusal to install issue should probably be addressed by allowing
users to install unsupported modules, but forcing them to acknowledge
via a dialog box. Or there could be a global setting in InstallMgr.

> 7) With both Strong's and Lemmas on, only Strong's is showing.

In Tisch? It works fine for me with both turned on, but there's
definitely a need for repair to those two classes, as I've mentioned.

I suppose I really ought to upload a copy of the latest build from SVN
of BibleCS so that we're all at least working with the current code. I
will do that shortly....

--Chris