[sword-devel] ftptrans.h

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Sep 10 11:45:04 MST 2007

First reasoning, then a couple possible ideas.

The reason we traverse the tree and copy files one by one is because the
simple requirement for posting a SWORD repository is only that you can make
a currently working installed sword library available via FTP services from
your server.  This is a good thing and we wish to keep this ease of
publishing.

Some ideas toward your request for improvement:  It is fairly common that an
FTP server will allow a request to get a <directory>.zip and will
automatically zip up the directory for you and transfer it.  InstallMgr,
when downloading the DataPath directory could _try_ <DataPath>.zip and see
if it is available.

We currently have 1 caching mechanism in place: mods.d.tar.gz  If this
exists, we use it, otherwise we grab the mods.d/*.conf files one by one.  We
could do something similar where we check, e.g. <Repository
Path>/../packages/raw/<Mod>.zip and use it if it exists.

Any thoughts?

   -Troy.