[sword-devel] New development on Mac

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 9 03:51:11 MST 2007

Hi Jónatas.

Am 09.09.2007 um 00:45 schrieb Jónatas Ferreira:

> I agree with you that the app should have a new look&feel too. And
> I absolutely love the idea of including ability to work with all
> those kinds of modules. Count me on the boat, at least for testing.
> If you feel I can do more than that, please ask and I'll do my best.

Thanks.

> Another thing I can possibly do is to give ideas. You mention that
> a lot of things need to be discussed, so let's start: have you
> thought about using the same name for the app? MacSword seems a
> good name and I believe there is a WinSword too. Couldn't we use
> the same name? Apple did just that with iMovie, remember? It's a
> new app, but the same name. Is the name registered in any kind by
> someone? I beleive this could make the app popularity grow rapidly.
> What are your thoughts about it?

Well, the problem is that MacSword will still be around and needs to
be around because it gives pre Tiger support.
I don't know if there is WinSword, there is GnomeSword and yes, some
applications that are the fronend to the Sword library have the token
as part of their name.
But I don't like "MacSword 2" or something. Actually I would like to
be more abstract also with the name.

Regards,
Manfred