[sword-devel] New development on Mac

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Sep 9 02:56:47 MST 2007

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, Michael Zappe wrote:

> In thinking, pretty far.  In implementing, not quite so far.
>
> My dream is to have a nice Mac application which would handle
> interlinear/parallel display, and have some parsing functionality to
> help with original language study.  (I'm a big fan of Greek and
> Hebrew.)  A lot of what I've played with is in indexing the back end,
> so that users could find stems, etc. in the Greek text.
> Unfortunately I never quite got to a level where anything was cohesive.

I suggest you look at some existing apps. BibleTime does parallel
display using ordinary html tables and it has worked well. Indexing
works also and you can search for Strong's etc. Troy have suggested
using the clucene implementation which already has been integrated into
the Sword library. Maybe the problem is that it is not well documented?

Is there any possibility that you could use WebKit as the display
renderer? It could be a huge step forward to have common display
technology between the projects.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland