[sword-devel] New development on Mac

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat Sep 8 17:15:16 MST 2007

"Josh Gould" <kc8eqa at gmail.com> writes:
> one thing that has struck
> me as odd is that if you have a foot note, the UI will not display it
> as a tool tip, but rather as inline text. (I just realized why I use
> NETtext and NETfootnotes separately...)

Aside...

We've had people ask from time to time for GnomeSword to do footnotes as
popups; instead, we have a separate "Previewer" window which is where
footnotes and xrefs appear, which I think works very well for this sort
of thing.

The "footnotes" in NET Bible are far beyond the normal state of
footnotes -- they're more of a genuine commentary in their own right.