[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.10pre4

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Oct 26 16:27:00 MST 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Chris Little wrote:

> The latest build of BibleCS is on the alpha site
> (BibleCS-1.5.10pre4.zip). The changes to BibleCS are cosmetic, but this
> also contains a new build of Install Manager. Install Manager includes a
> minor change to permit installing unsupported modules (just click ignore
> in the warning dialog). Obviously, you won't notice this until we add
> some new unsupported modules or change the version on some of the
> existing ones. But trust me that it works.

I finally tested some new modules. Unfortunately at least LiddellScott
is not well supported.

First, it's almost impossible to find a word entry. Try to find for
example such basic word as "ballw". You cannot write it because it's
greek. You cannot navigate inside the work, only scroll down one by one.
And when you scroll to the place where ballw should be, it's not there.

Searching in LiddellScott does not work. The index can be created but
the results are completely broken. It may be an encoding problem (well,
now it bites you too...)

This module has great potentiality but the frontend needs work. Actually
I think that this could draw the attention of all students of classical
languages, not only Christians. And if working with these kind of
modules was easier it would separate Sword-based products from all other
free Bible applications. Great work.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland