[sword-devel] Bug : id.conf and Unicode Support

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Oct 22 02:41:58 MST 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Daniel Owens wrote:
> I was working on a Vietnamese genbook last night, and the difficulty I
> ran into in BibleCS (and to a lesser extent BibleTime) is that the
> navigation panes do not display unicode properly. I either drop
> diacritics entirely (and lose them in BibleDesktop and Gnome Sword which
> do display unicode) or I leave them and let the chapter titles, etc.
> appear as jumbled nonsense in the BibleCS and BibleTime navigation panes
> (thankfully BibleTime's navigation combo boxes do display unicode, but
> most Vietnamese users will be using Windows). If I leave the unicode, it
> looks great in Bible Desktop and Gnome Sword. However, that still leaves

> 2. For BibleCS and BibleTime, make it possible for the navigation panes
> to display unicode. This item is more urgent for BibleCS because
> BibleTime's combo boxes make up for the navigation pane's limitations.

Could you report this in the BibleTime bug database? I really want to
fix these kind of things, I have seen enough problems with Finnish
(which uses isolatin1) to know how annoying this is for users.

If you have time, please give some detailed way in your report to
reproduce this (module, verse reference etc.)

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland