[sword-devel] Bug : id.conf

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Oct 21 07:29:16 MST 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Hariyanto Handoko wrote:
> And there is bug in Judge (Hakim - hakim) , I only can see Hakim-hakim 1. .
> Sword doesn't support  sign -
> And I change in file id.conf in line 13 become : Judge = Hakim.

It's quite natural because '-' is used as a sign of a range, for example
Genesis-Deuteronomy is the same as Genesis 1:1 - Deuteronomy 34:12 and
Genesis-Genesis1 is the same as Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 1, which is the
same as Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 1:31 or just Genesis 1.

This is a difficult situation. The simple solution is to disallow the
'-' character (as well as ':', ',', '.', ';' etc.) in book names. But it
may be as "racist" as using ascii only.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland