[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 19:16:34 MST 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 8:54 PM, Chris Little wrote:

> DM Smith wrote:
>> The problem is that in chamorro.conf, TextSource=http://
>> ChamorroBible.org was at the end of the About and not on it's own
>> line.
>
> That was a bug and should be fixed now.
>
>> My code assumes that = was a reserved character and would only be
>> used to separate key from value.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether = is reserved.
>
> = is only reserved in the attribute. Pretty much anything is valid in
> the value. The regexp is basically ([A-Za-z0-9_]+)=(.+)
>
>> The bug only appears in this one file. So, I am not worried about the
>> melding of About into a big line. I can go either way.
>>
>> I am assuming that \ won't be after every \par.
>
> I'd planned to add it after every \par to make the plaintext layout
> essentially equivalent to the RTF layout.
>
>> For example, the esv.conf has " \par \par \" and many others have
>> "\par\pard \".
>
> I'm going to reduce some of the multiple \par's (probably not allow
> more
> than 2 at a time). At the moment, I've removed all \qc from the .confs
> since I didn't think they were being used very consistently or very
> widely. Thus, there was no need for \pard, so they've all been changed
> to \par. I still recommend supporting both tags, since I don't have a
> problem with \qc per se, I just don't think the existing use was
> especially good.

I don't think that \pard is an equivalent of \par. By no means am I
an expert on RTF, but in looking at the output in BibleCS it appears
that \pard merely turned off all "paragraph attributes" such as
centering (aka \qc).

The RTFHTML filter output nothing for \pard but a </center>,
conditionally.

I looked at Sun's implementation of the RTF editor and it appeared it
was similar, only turning off paragraph attributes.

But, I could very well be wrong. :)

Serving Him together,
	DM