[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 17:22:59 MST 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 5:53 PM, Chris Little wrote:

> DM Smith wrote:
>> Can you hold off on releasing the merging of the lines? I just
>> found a
>> significant bug in JSword where getLine does not return a line
>> when it
>> is too long. It looks like it reads about 255 characters and
>> quits. I'll
>> do a bug fix release soon, probably tomorrow (Monday).
>
> Yes and no....
>
> I've already committed and updated with merged lines, but I'm going to
> add a linebreak back after each \par at Troy's request.
>
> However, that doesn't necessarily mean lines will be 255 chars or
> less.

I found the bug. It wasn't that it stopped reading too early. It was
that I wasn't properly looking for the = sign in the various fields.

The problem is that in chamorro.conf, TextSource=http://
ChamorroBible.org was at the end of the About and not on it's own line.

My code assumes that = was a reserved character and would only be
used to separate key from value.

Does anyone know whether = is reserved.

The bug only appears in this one file. So, I am not worried about the
melding of About into a big line. I can go either way.

I am assuming that \ won't be after every \par.

For example, the esv.conf has " \par \par \" and many others have
"\par\pard \".

Many thanks for your attention to these matters!

In Him,
	DM