[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Oct 4 02:07:12 MST 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> I will check the wiki. Apparently I have to take the responsibility to
> add it there if it's not already there because I wrote so harshly about
> the issue.

The wiki page seems to be quite up to date. I have not seen it for some
months. Even Maps etc. which have been discussed recently have been
added.

Should there be OSISLemma in GlobalOptionFilter?

*************************

Conclusions about this issue: there have been problems with both
encoding and formatting. Many of them have been solved or fixed and
still more will be fixed. All new features and standards should be
tested thoroughly and old modules should be checked and fixed - this
has apparently not been done because there were issues left. All changes
should be communicated clearly to frontend developers and all frontends
should be taken up to date.

I suggest we create a new wiki page for developer news. Every time a
standard or best practice has been set or something added into conf
files or the Sword library a new item would be added. It will take a few
minutes every time and I know how difficult it is, but it would enhance
the quality of our process.

I have been following this list for years but it is quite difficult to
notice and remember all relevant information. Sometimes even important
news drown in the sea of the mails.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland